Thursday, July 09, 2009

Just slap it on your ass and say Dessert is served.

I made you something today my friends. It is moist and airy and creamy and yummy and soft. And it is an original Nicole recipe.


Banana Cake with Sex Frosting

Be prepared to love this, and eat it, and frost your body with the icing for your someone special to lick. Seriously, who knew banana cake could be so sexy? Okay here goes with the how to:

Banana Cake

Ingredients:
  • 1 stick room temperature butter, REAL butter
  • 1 3/4 cups brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 3 medium bananas that are REALLY ripe, mushed
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp Vanilla ( I use vanilla paste, which is fantabulous!)*
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • pinch of salt

The Making:

  1. Cream together the room temperature butter and the sugars. Mine came out crumbly, but very soft to the touch.
  2. Add in the eggs, banana mush and vanilla. Beat until well incorporated.
  3. Combine in a separate bowl the flour, baking soda and salt.
  4. Add to the wet mix in small batches, beating till combined in between. ( I personally, just dumped it all in at once, but that was only because I did it on accident).
  5. Poor into a 13x9 cake pan that is sprayed with Non stick bake spray.
  6. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes. Really you need to test it to see if a tooth pick comes out clean. So your time may vary.
  7. Cool completely before frosting, I know this is the hard part, but you don't want this frosting to melt. Trust me on this step.

The Sex Frosting**

Ingredients:

  • 8 oz. room temperature Cream Cheese. MUST be room temp!
  • 1 stick room temperature butter, once again real butter.
  • 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar ( I just eyeballed half a bag, if not a little less)
  • 1 TBSP Vanilla
  • 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream ( Milk is not a substitute in this recipe, because you want this to WHIP up).

The Making:

  1. Cream together the Cream Cheese and Butter.
  2. Add the Vanilla, beat together.
  3. Add the powdered sugar, beat till incorporated, scrapping the sides of the bowl every once in a while. You don't want to end up with caked on walls of sugar. Ewww.
  4. While beating on high speed, add the Heavy Whipping cream in small batches, till you have the consistency you want. I let mine whip away on high speed for a minute or two. You want lots of air in the icing. But don't over whip or else it will start to firm up.
  5. Apply to cool cake or body parts.

Seriously folks, my goal with the icing was to make a Cream Cheese Whipped Cream. And this is IT! The icing is amazingly light with a subtle taste. I wanted to avoid the standard Cream Cheese icing that you could spackle a wall with. Just a small warning, you will have HUGE amounts of icing, meaning you could easily ice a two layer cake and still be able to lick the bowl.

Enjoy!

* I buy my Vanilla Bean Paste from William Sonoma. And then I add it to everything I can.

** Okay, so I didn't set out to make a sex filled recipe, but ummm, licking this icing off my fingers and my cake fork was great. Plus any icing that can make Cream Cheese sexy is on my top 10 list. This is probably in my top 3.

4 comments:

lisa 9:59 PM  

HMMMMM I am very intrigued by your frosting! Cream Cheese frosting is usually too heavy and sweet for me.

hey! When's a good time to call tomorrow? I'm kinda beat from a funeral today and nonstop errands since 6am

Screaming Iguana 12:48 AM  

Jesus paula dean... more butter?!?!

You better have some left overs yo.

sunny 4:37 PM  

I love cream cheese frosting and only that kind of frosting. (others get scraped off whatever they're on top of)

I have to make this recipe this week!

Screaming Iguana 10:12 PM  

I ate your recipe this week and...
...
..
.
Its fucking awesome.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP