Thursday, March 08, 2007

Done with One on to Two


Finally this is done! I finished up this morning with the MFing Samuel L Jackson of yarn cutting helping me with the massive amounts of fringe. We both agree that this finished product is channeling a wee bit of Stevie Nicks.


My Mom is in Red Hat Society and she wanted a shawl knit for her well over a year ago. We scoped out some lovely Cherry tree hill yarns, she bought hers as well as my "payment" and I started it, but never finished. Life went by so slowly when all you did was knit 200+ stitches row after row with one row of Purl thrown in. But last week I vowed to just get it over with, so out it came, snuggling up to me on the couch and today was my due date. I finished just in time with Casey's help, I wanted to deliver it to my mom at her Red Hat luncheon so she could feel special. And she did!

Now I can return to this lovely bit of tranquility and fun, Casey's Irish Hiking Scarf with Cables. Sweet Sweet knit sticks.

2 comments:

Anonymous 7:44 PM  

they're beautiful! I really love the look of Casey's - the color and style!

Anonymous 8:57 PM  

you are talented

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP