Friday, February 16, 2007

Confessions in Irony

In an effort to do my job better I have been actively trying to break my old household habits, molding them lovingly and with cheerful excitement into new "awesome" habits. Take for an example, the kitchen sink full of last nights dinner dishes, now it is the kitchen sink, shining and empty with a dishwasher waiting to be emptied bright and early in the new beautiful day! Take for example my laundry which lives in a perpetual state of floor lounging where it can mix with carpet and dog hair. Now my laundry is visiting and loving the exotic islands of Closet and Drawers and has decided that it wants to stay. Take for example my sliding glass door that is the foster home for thousands of dirt and dried dog slobber colonies, now it is so crystal clear that the little muffins run into it on their way out to make a deposit in the yard.

While improving my housekeeping skills I have been educating myself through the lovely inter library loan program. This past week I picked up Confessions of an Organized Homemaker, and now my house lays in disorder again while I consume the book. Stupid irony.

1 comments:

Anonymous 5:24 PM  

This sounds way too familiar to me!

Sharie

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP