Thursday, November 16, 2006

Achievements


When I was little I was briefly in Girl Scouts, I loved it, but I mostly loved the snack tin which was a Folgers coffee can with a clown head screwed to the lid. I waited and waited for my turn to have the snack tin so I could deliever it to my troop with pride. I also have a vague memory of making gingerbread houses. Then in High School, my freshman year, my group of girlfriends and I started a small troop of Girl scouts, mostly so we could go off campus at lunchtime to have our "meetings". My friend Selena's mom was our tropp leader and she found so awesome things for us to do, like work the All Star game when it was held in San Diego, I got a awesome jersey for free. Then one time we took the train downtown and had lunch. But it was never really the whole enchilada expierence.

Last year as Alex finished Kindergarten, we decided to join Cub Scouts and at the time I was suckered into becoming a Tiger Cub Den leader, and it has been the best thing ever! It is so much fun having a common goal to work towards with Alex. I have 12 other 1st graders that I see every week and we work on monthly themes. These boys are the best, so happy and excited and PROUD! Tonight, my entire Den was awarded at least 7 awards each. AND we sold the most popcorn out of our entire pack so we get a pizza party. Alex, he earned three patches and six belt loops and 4 achievement beads. I am so proud of my tigers, especially my own.

1 comments:

Anonymous 1:28 AM  

I bought carmel corn from my former 4th grader this year! yum!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP