Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday Sunday

I have had a crap week and because of my behavior my family has had a crap week as well. I found myself wallowing and falling into old crap patterns of defensiveness. Which has never helped in the past so why would it help this time? So I changed things up a little bit.

  • I sat up in bed last night knitting and listening to Things you missed in History class podcasts. I finished one project and plowed through half of another all while learning about Catherine the Great and Jamestown Shipwrecks. Progress!
  • I got up and took Alex to church and listened and prayed and thought about how my faith needs to be a tool and not a crutch. Progress!
  • Came home and leashed up the Penny dog and took a walk. First purposeful exercise in ummm forever! Progress!
Something different feels good. Admittedly I have a level of disgust laced into my accomplishment because these are all things I should have all ready been doing. And instead of turning introverted, trying to figure out where I stopped being Me in my life, I going to look forward and live.

Progress!

1 comments:

Sarah 6:33 PM  

It's in the air, my friend. I think it has to do with the change of seasons as well as changes in schedules. Alex is back in school, you're back in school (after having a not long enough break), and Casey's schedule is always different. Think of this as readjusting yet once again. This is why I love this time of year - you get that initial craziness of the beginning of the school year that's followed by the silence and solitude of winter. Longer nights mean quieter time. Just wait, it's coming. ♥

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP