Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I promote Co-Dependence

This muffin, Archie, is completely and utterly codependent on me. It is rare for him to not be at my heels or prancing in front of me. When I am cooking he sits on the kitchen mat watching my every move. When I am on the couch he is snuggled right up in what we call "The Pocket", that are of space at our hip, perfect for him to snug himself into. When I am sleeping he is on the bed by my head if he has been good or in his dog bed on the floor next to my side of the bed if he has been naughty. When I leave the house he waits by the door. When I take a shower he sits on the bathmat waiting for me to come out.

If I dare to separate him from me, like I did the other night while trying to catch a glimpse of our nightly kitty visitor, he goes bonkers and spastic in his efforts to get to me. Whining and soft barking, expending energy that would make a toddler jealous, all to be back at my side.

And I love it.

I love having a puppy buddy who loves me to bits and shows it every second he can. It makes me love him and spoil him that much more.

3 comments:

sunny 12:56 PM  

he's sooooooo cute!
makes me want a dog!

Sarah 5:24 PM  

What a sweetheart!! Dogs really do bring something to a home that nothing else can.

Courtney 8:49 PM  

We are thinking about getting a puppy, something small, I might be dependent on you for some training tips!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP