Saturday, September 11, 2010

Dear World...

Dear World,

I understand that life is made up of opposites and extremes. Yin and Yang and different points of view. But when it really comes down to it, we are all just people. We all look at our children and give them the best we can, we look past the superficial and care for the person underneath, we all eat and sleep and produce weird bodily noises and smile and frown. We need to remember these things and strive for sharing our lives with the lives around us.

As a Mother, I look at my son and send fervent prayers to heaven that his reality will be full of understanding, resolution, forward movement, and simple pleasures. I imagine my parents wished the same for me, and their parents before them. I know without a shadow of a doubt that there are mothers and fathers in the Yang to my Yin praying the same thing for their children. That gives me hope more than anything.

And where I might never forget, I want to ALWAYS remember that we are all basically the same underneath our clothing and our religions and our politics. When it comes down to it we all want happiness and safety and comfort. So start doling it out at home, in your neighborhood and workplace.

Care for the Yin's and the Yang's in your life. You will be a better person because of it.

Love,

Me.

1 comments:

Sarah 5:10 PM  

I need a love button for this post.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP