Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ability to

There are few things we love more then the freedom that owning our own businesses give us. Casey has a large block of open time before us, and my work schedule is light through the week. Which brought us to the past Monday morning, sitting around the breakfast table, I wanted to go for a ride, Casey has always wanted to go to Shiner. So we packed a lunch, gased the car, loaded the iPod and cameras and DS into the backseat with the kiddo.
And we just went.
We drove through some of the most beautiful country I have ever laid eyes on. Country that makes me lust for land, for the ability to grow and raise what we want on that land. Lust for space and small towns and simple life.


With all this vast open range in front of us, the idea of subdivisions and crammed cities and metros just left a bad taste in my mouth. But for the day, this one day, we were out. We arrived in Shiner Mecca, set out our picnic, took pictures and talked and toured the perfect example of a small business keeping all its employees and making money in the current economy.


As we drove home through farmland listening to the Ting Tings I happily thought,
Life is Really Good.

1 comments:

lisa 8:54 PM  

Neat! I didn't know the brewery was over there. mmm breweries

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP