Monday, December 01, 2008

A Zero Week

This week, starting yesterday, is a Zero Spending week for me. I have been toying with the idea for a while because I hemorrhage money, and after reading about it on someone else's blog, I thought what a perfect idea! So this week there is zero money being spent, save for two things. Alex's after school care and gas on Friday.

I have all ready stuck to my decision by making up Alex's lunches for the week instead of replenishing his cafe account. I made us some tasty sandwiches and reheated Casey turkey chili for dinner last night. I am making bread for all the sandwiches I know we will be eating for lunches.

I am having coffee with a friend, but using a gift card to Starbucks, that totally counts as zero spending in my book because it's not MY money. LOL!

I am excited about this! It feels like the right thing to do, especially since we are getting ready to buy Christmas presents, talk about a hemorrhage of money! But even that this year is being limited. We decided that each adult is buying ONE gift for each of the other adults. Alex is the only person who isn't really being limited, but it sure isn't going to be the excess of years past. We have a budget in place for his Christmas this year, it even includes his 12 days of Christmas gifties, which I snagged at the dollar bins at Michael's.

I know I can do this week! I think I am going to make it a monthly thing in 2009, imagine how much money I could sock away into savings!!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP