Tuesday, March 04, 2008

12 by 3 = 4 4 4

Last week I stumbled across a website that was more about my Hippie bent, AKA it was all gardening and having a self sustaining homestead. More about that later, what really caught my mind and heart and brain was a little sentence that explained the work ethics of a family who lived on a homestead grew all their own food, built their house with their own hands, and each was an accomplished artist or author.

How did they ever do it? And that is when this nugget of 12 by 3 was delivered to me. They broke their day into 12 hours. 4 hours spent on work, 4 spent on personal pursuits and 4 hours spent on becoming a better human being to the benefit of society and those near and far from them. This immediately appealed to me. And has been marinating in my mind for about a week. And so I have been thinking about four hours alot, on the drive to work, in bed right before I sleep, while cooking, while cleaning, while day dreaming.

And I have to say I like the 12 hour plan. I like the discipline of it. I like it.

I know it is time to stop thinking about it and start doing it. 12 by 3 = 4 4 4

1 comments:

Anonymous 12:56 AM  

I think it's discipline and liberation at the same time!

-lisa

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP