Friday, January 11, 2008

Good Day Mrs. Gray

The bathroom is finally livable again. It took a day of wallpaper scraping, one coat of primer, one super coat of ceiling paint, and three coats of color. Plus two days of trim painting and caulking and four different switch plates, I still haven't found one that I love. Plus we need some wall art.
Anonymous commenter, THANK YOU for your tip on removing wallpaper, I was declaring my undying love as those stubborn bits slipped off.
Finally the yellow is gone! But now we are eyeing the mustard color in the hallway and front room. And eventually that linoleum must go away.
I am picking out some wood trim to put over the front of the shelves. I was originally going to demo them and put up some sort of glass fronted chest, but they are functional in an odd space and trim is a much better budget fit then the cabinet I know I would want. the previous owner just threw them up there, but I know I can make them look great. Shelf Storage is still a mystery too.
These beauties came from Anthropologie. Love that place. It is hard to see in the picture, but they are swirled milk glass knobs, yummy. And they were on sale! I also picked up the switch plate I thought I wanted, it was even on sale, but I just don't like it. So I am on a simple switch plate hunt.
I also couldn't resist and I busted out our valentine dinner decorations. I love those TV dinner trays, I can get Alex to so much better with them.
And get a load of the linens, cupcakes and hearts, be still my heart. I am girlie-fying the kitchen. Officially.


2 comments:

Unknown 1:18 AM  

I love seeing your sense of style coming out around your house!

Anonymous 2:54 PM  

Hey, that was my tip about the Frebreeze, I thought I signed in :). I am glad it helped, my mom told me about it.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP