Thursday, June 28, 2007

Two feet and counting

We had major rains today here in SA, which included some amazingly scary flash floods. I ended up cancelling my class immediately following lunch due to the the flooding and was so glad that I did because all the roads except one getting to Alex's daycamp were closed due to flooding. The one road left open was a river of water, which the city was getting ready to close.
The creek behind our house is within two feet of cresting and spilling into our yard. Considering this creek bed is usually at least 20 feet deep and yesterday it was empty says how much water we are dealing with.
We are going to have 7 more days of this weather, I have no idea what it is going to look like out there on Monday. I did cancel my class for tomorrow because Alex's camp cancelled and the client was flooding when I left there today.
So Bugman and I are going to batten down the hatches and watch the weather channel like junkies, until we pick up Casey from the airport. Wishes us no flooding!!

1 comments:

Anonymous 7:43 PM  

be safe!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP