Friday, April 13, 2007

It's All About the N

Yes, I am that type of birthday girl, the type who will remind you about it! In fact I have called my mom three times this week just to ask her if she is ready for my birthday on Saturday. I can't help it, I get all tingly inside when the cards start to show up in the mailbox and if I am lucky a box or two is waiting by the front door. I don't even mind knowing what I am getting because it is all about the anticipation. In fact, I actually like to make present suggestions because I usually have a good idea of what I want. Don't you??

So tonight Casey and I are going to have a date night, we were originally going to go to a friends birthday party, but then I was lured away from that good time with promises of Hot Fuzz and sushi. All about the sushi and Shawn of the Dead guys. I am looking forward to a solo night with my man. We need it and if I can wrangle sushi out of it, then I am uber happy.

I have been asked if turning 30 has been hard, and my only response is that I don't think about it. Liar, yeah I think about it, it bumps me into an entirely different region of life, but hell everyone I know that is in their 30's rocks it, so why bitch about it. I sure think I have accomplished a lot in my 20's, had a wonderful kid, married a wonderful guy, became an awesome trainer, worked the corporate environment, survived a takeover, moved to Texas, have survived Texas so far, have been living my dream of stay at home mom, and now I can also bake some awesome cinnamon swirl bread. The years of my 30's being in their baby stages is exciting for me, so much more to do, to accomplish, to try, to make, to be. I think it is going to be a good ten year run.

1 comments:

Anonymous 10:38 AM  

i have something for you but no postage yet!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP