Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Icy Pictures and recipe

Brrr, take a seat!


This mornings Icy view from the deck.


Icicles last night right before the last blast of the ice storm.

Icy backyard, everything crunched and was hard from the multiple layers of ice.




Is it time to go back inside? Pee, me in the cold? No way!




Sheets of ice from our fence.




Icy Hand.



Play set the next day, a couple of them actually touch making them ice bars. More where bars but by the time we got outside it had melted a bit.

Well being couped up in the house has turned me into a June Cleaver. We roasted a chicken on Sunday, recipe from Nigella's How to Eat Cookbook. Rinse and pat dry the bird, rub a bit of olive oil on the breast, salt and pepper, and stuff a lemon halved up its bum. roast at 400 degree for 15 per pound plus 10 minutes.

From that one bird we had Sunday dinner, chicken salad for sandwiches and meat for chicken noodle soup. I freeze the bones till I have two to three birds then make fresh chicken stock.

Monday night we made ribs and had leftover oven fires and veggies with them. And today I have a Pork Roast in the crock pot with sweet potatoes, white potatoes, apples and onions. Yum!

4 comments:

Anonymous 8:00 PM  

cute outfit, mom!

Anonymous 9:48 PM  

that ice is so beautiful!

Anonymous 5:58 AM  

That is ridiculously cold..........How on earth do you cope.I have never seen anything like it!!!BBrrr if I wasnt sitting here in my swimmers in 40% heat with the fan on I just dont know what I'd do!!!
Nicole Irvin xoxo

Anonymous 1:27 PM  

Nicole - I love keeping up with you and your family through your blog. Send me the rib recipe please!

Tania

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP