Saturday, January 09, 2010

My Holly Hobby

I was sorting through a basket that has been holding a bunch of odds and ends since I moved into this room. I came across my Holly Hobby Doll, she has been a fixture in my life for as long as I can remember. She has lived in doll cradles, on the shelves of my pre-teen room, in a keepsake hat box through my teens, and stored at my parents when I moved out on my own. My mom gave her back to me when she moved here to Texas, along with a bunch of other things from my childhood.

Looking her over today, I discovered something tucked up the back of her dress. Do you see it?
It was a note from my mom that says, " This was your very first doll, your dad bought it for you in San Luis Obispo and you immediately chewed on her! Save her."


Not only am I saving her, but I tucked the note right back where my Mom placed it because that note all most means more to me then the doll. I love that she took the time to tell me a little bit of my history and let me discover it on my own. I can't wait to find more notes like this...

3 comments:

Lisa 4:35 PM  

i LOVE that. Your mom rocks for that!

Sarah 5:47 PM  

My blanket is a Holly Hobby pattern. You'll have to read more about him (Yes, my blanket is a boy) when I post - he's my next favorite thing!!

And that's so awesome about the note with the doll. I agree - it does make it that much more special.

Gina 12:07 AM  

that's really sweet! Love it!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP